Thursday, September 2, 2010

Took Bandit up to the local tack shop and had the owner check his saddle fit. Buds draft saddle fits him the best, then my Wade tree, the one i had for Ginger is pinching his shoulders and i think that is why he started tossing his head everytime I would saddle him. He was expecting pain. I also learned I was placing the saddle too far back of his shoulders, so once the cooler weather gets here, hopefully this weekend, I will try positioning the saddle better. I also picked up a breast collar to hook to the saddle. This winter I want to try skijoring with him or pulling something or someone behind him and I dont want it pulling the saddle back. Hopefully next year I am going to try to teach him to drive. I need to ride him some more and work with leg yields, side pass, etc... Hopefully it will be a mild winter and no ice so I can get some riding in...

No comments: