Thursday, May 21, 2009

6 am this morning went to the barn to put the horses out and Ginger didnt want to walk. When she did step it was like she was drunk and being very careful placing her feet. Soooo..... called out sick to work, called the vet, she came over gave Ginger some bute(pain med) by needle which I had to load Ginger into the trailer in order to get that done. As "ouchy" as she was on her feet when the vet came near her she nearly ran me over trying to get away. I dont know what happened in her past life before coming to me but she DOES NOT like vets. Any way, she is walking much better this afternoon, have to give her some more bute tonight with her grain, hopefully she will eat it. The vet drew blood to test her insulin and to test for Cushings disease. I think the trail ride we had planned for end of month is out. I may have to have her feet xrayed to see if her coffin bone has rotated more or if she has laminitis..... if so, her trail ride days may be over.....say a prayer for her.....
Linda went to school today and then there is a small track practice and then a cook out at one of the girls house, have to go pick her up around 7. Gotta go clean stalls now, it was too stinking hot to do it during the day today. It reached 93 here......way too hot for me.

No comments: