Monday, April 13, 2009

We did horse vaccinations for the year the other day. Poor Ginger, she absolutely does not like the vet. We have found the best way to drug her is to load her into our 3 horse slant load in the middle "stall", me on one side and the vet on the other. She doesnt like it but it is safest for all involved. Once drugged, I can still walk her off and into her stall where she gets a little more "happy juice" to keep her calm while we do her shots and teeth and strangles.
Bud our Belgian on the other hand had no drugs took all his shots and strangles and had his teeth floated with no "juice". Good boy Bud.
I need to get my butt in gear and start riding them. This week i am working 11:30 am to 7:30pm so that kind of ruins my riding time. oh well there is always this friday maybe.
Linda and I went to Easter sunrise service this morning at 5:45. The sun actually showed itself and looked like a ball of fire coming up over the trees. We then went to the church for breakfast, came home, fed horses and put them out, cleaned stalls, played some Wii games, took the orange bug out for a ride thru the woods. I went to work and Fred and Linda went to our friends house for Easter dinner.

No comments: